I'm just killing a bit of time before I have to pick Mike up from class. Kate is sound asleep and looking adorable as ever. I read a chapter from this book called "How to Make the Most of Your Maternity Leave" with the end chapter focusing on what it's going to be like going back to work. The stupid chapter left me in a puddle of tears! How am I ever going to leave Kate? Granted, it's not like I'm leaving her on the side of the road for anyone to pick up. She'll be in the safe haven of the UNLV Preschool, where parents have to get their hands scanned before they can enter. So I know it's safe. And I believe she won't even know what's going on. But it's really ME I'm worried about! I'm really worried about even making it through one day at work without completely breaking down. I'm sure my co-workers will be pretty understanding at first. But what if I can't pull it together? Anyone reading this who has advice for me, please help! I know millions of mothers manage to do this, but I cannot fathom how I'm going to leave my sweet baby in the care of someone else for 8 hours a day. Hopefully when Mike is going to school full-time, he can be home with her more, and I can be happy knowing she's with her dad. Anyway, just self-pity on my part. I know this. Logically I know things will be fine. But I'm a blubbering mess!
In the meantime, I'm determined to make the most of the rest of my maternity leave. I'm spending all my time with cute Kate. We're going to take a little family trip up to the cabin this weekend to hang out with Lisa and Derek. Also, Mom, Dad and Brian will be joining us for Mom's birthday party on Saturday. We're excited to get away and enjoy the fall leaves on Cedar Mountain. It's absolutely gorgeous! Although it's getting colder and I'm afraid the leaves have fallen. Oh well.
Time to pick Mike up! More later!
No comments:
Post a Comment