
Here is a picture of Mike and our neighbor, Ben, with our babies! Kate and their baby, Seth, are just three months apart, but look at the difference in size! Kate really has grown up so fast. Ben and his wife, Jill, are good friends of ours and we're excited our kids will be able to grow up together.
Kate is doing well. She's still getting up once at night for a feeding, after her week or two of sleeping through the night. I think her clock is "stuck" so I'm going to have to get up the courage to let her cry herself to sleep one of these nights. I just don't want to do that! I feel bad! I think part of it is the guilt I feel that I'll soon be taking her to daycare. Yep--- a week from today! Ugh. I feel sick to my stomach every time I think about it. For some stupid reason, I feel like I have to turn her in next week. Obviously that's not the case! I'll see her every morning, at lunch, and every afternoon when we pick her up. I'm sure she'll do well there. It's me. I'm a freak. I love that girl so much! That's not what makes me a freak--- just the fact that I'm having the hardest time letting go! I've enjoyed my maternity leave SO much. I don't want it to end. But all good things come to an end eventually, I guess.
Speaking of good things ending, our best pals, Shay and Steve and their kids are moving!!! We're so sad. They're moving to St. George, which isn't too far away, but it's going to be so sad without them here all the time. Shay and I have been walking buddies for 2 years! They've helped us through a lot of things, and we love and appreciate them so much. It's not very often you find really great friends to count on for everything. We will miss them tremendously.
Anyway, I'm going to get Kate up from her nap and take her shopping. A girl needs new clothes to return to work, even if she's returning against her will! :) I might as well make the most of it with some new fall fashions, right?
Bye!
1 comment:
Karen,
I love that baby! She is gorgeous!
Post a Comment