Wednesday, October 04, 2006

What a Sleeper!

Kate slept for 9 complete and solid hours last night! Now, she's been semi-sleeping through the night for about two weeks, but last night was the BEST! And the greatest part was how happy she was when she finally did wake up. She greets me with that priceless grin of hers with her chipmunk chubby cheeks and dimples just glowing. Do I sound like an obsessed first-time mom? If so, I don't care! :)
I only have four weeks of maternity leave left, and it's absolutely killing me to think of leaving her! Granted, she'll be at the UNLV preschool, literally a five minute walk from my office. But it'll be an adjustment. I haven't been away from her for more than about three hours since she was born! She's going to be fine, I'm sure. It's not like she's going to end up in therapy when she's 30 all because her mother took her to daycare when she was three months old. Plus, Mike will be on campus going to classes as well. So it'll be a family-affair at UNLV! That's good~ the more time we can spend as a family the better. Now if I can just convince my boss that Kramer should come hang out in my office during the day....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! Hmm.. who put this idea in your head anyway? hehe. Kate is so beautiful and she looks so much older since I saw her last! I am so lucky to be a distant Auntie! It seems like just yesterday you gave me a "Happy Birthday Aunt" card .. wow, how time flies.
Oh, and if your boss lets you bring Kramer to work, then I'll drop by with Cosby .. you can babysit him too!
Love you!