Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Bath Bunny!

Here are a couple of pictures of Kate after her bath, all dolled up in her bunny-bathrobe. She cracks me up! On a sad note, Kate has been soooo sick this week! She woke up with a fever on Tuesday, and even though my gut told me to keep her home, I took her to school. Well, within 20 minutes, they called me to pick her up. She had a temperature of 101.5. I took her to Urgent Care and after waiting nearly an hour (she was curled up on my lap, something she NEVER does willingly) we were seen by the triage nurse. The nurse proceeded to YELL at me for having a jacket on Kate, since apparently that was driving up her fever (which was now at 103.3). She said to me, "Obviously this is your first child!" I was so sad, I started to cry! I didn't know! I thought if she had a fever, she might have chills, so I should leave her jacket on. Chalk it up to me being a bad mother again! I'm not having a great track record this week! Anyway, we sat and waited three hours only to be told she had a common cold and to give her Tylenol. Okay! So she's feeling lots better now. If only babies came with instruction manuals (Lesson #1: Babies with fevers should NOT be dressed in jackets!)

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I will keep that lesson in mind!

Here's a lesson I learned a month ago that I was obviously supposed to know....but didn't.

Lindsey's Lesson: If your child gets diahrea from an antibiotic, switch their formula to SOY.

Am I the only one who didn't know that??? Man!

Karen said...

I had no clue about that! Good to know!

BKFW said...

ohhhhhh my gosh, Kate looks SO cute in the bath outfit .. adorable! Pretty in Pink!