Friday, November 16, 2007

What I've been up to lately...

It's been a really long time since I posted anything, and here's why... work has been crazy! And that's usually when I post things (shhh... don't tell anybody!) Yesterday, UNLV hosted the CNN Democratic Presidential Debate, and while I would have much rather been involved in the REPUBLICAN debate, it was a very educational and interesting experience. Mostly because of my broadcasting background, I loved seeing all the behind-the-scenes stuff going on with CNN. They were very nice to us and allowed us in to interview Wolf Blitzer, of CNN's Situation Room, who also moderated the debate. Here's a pic below of our staff with Wolf.
It was cool watching all the crews and reporters hard at work. Made me miss the business... just a little bit. I did get a chance to do a lot of video shooting myself for our upcoming campus program, Campus Connections. I help to produce a news-magazine-type show for UNLV, and I was able to get some great interviews with people and see a lot of the behind the scenes stuff. Anyway, working long hours this past week has been tough, and I've suffered from mega insomnia the past three nights, and I didn't even get to see Kate yesterday, but luckily this doesn't happen very often here at UNLV. And Thanksgiving is just around the corner-- yippee!!! We'll get a much-needed break next week!

2 comments:

jessi said...

love to hear what you are up to at your job. it is great that you get to have an occasional encounter with your old job dynamics. definitely a trade off though as you don't get to see Kate as much when you do it. have a nice break for thanksgiving - you deserve it!

Sunflower Mama said...

That seems so like so much fun! Frame that picture! ;-) How long have you been at UNLV? Media Relations sounds like it definitely keeps you busy but I bet it's exciting!