Friday, March 07, 2008

Irritated!

I'm quite irritated this afternoon. I'm irritated because I tend to be a very trusting individual, and just when I feel like I can relax and be myself, I am slapped in the face with the knowledge that I'm too trusting. I forget that people can be backstabbing a-wads. It makes me mad at myself for trusting people. I'm referring to a situation at work that I've become aware of, where people I consider to be decent work colleagues are trashing me behind my back. Yuck. Not really trashing "me" but my recent promotion I guess. There's a lot of back-biting and hypocrisy at this place-- as there is anywhere. And goodness knows I haven't always been the best at keeping my opinions of co-workers to myself. All I can say is... what goes around comes around. I hate hearing that people are saying things about me. And it makes me more aware that I need to be better at keeping my not-so-nice thoughts to myself sometimes. Of course all this drama makes me want to flee the scene and be a stay-at-home-mom. But that's a silly way to look at things. Part of me wants to confront these people, but the other, more rational part of me knows it won't do any good. So I'm irritated at myself for trusting too many people, and not keeping my thoughts to myself, and I'm irritated at these l-o-s-e-r-s who I have to work with!

In other news, Kate was sick this week, so I stayed home from work (yippee!) for two days to take care of her. Poor little thing. She's quite a drama-queen when she's sick, though. In fact, I'm noticing this "dramatic" side of her personality coming out more and more. I think it comes with age, but she's VERY specific about what she wants, when she wants it. Very particular, that girl. But at the same time, she's SO cute. She'll whine and whine for something, and as soon as I give it to her, she'll say "Thanks Mommy!" That just melts my heart every time! So as much as she tests my patience at times, I wouldn't have it any other way. I simply adore that girl!!!

2 comments:

Willy The Prince said...

Sorry girlie. I got so fed up with my old job I decided to leave. It was only a couple people who really irked me...I have a new job for Brides Mag. so far so good. I am bitting my toung and trying not to get involved with the office pol. In a way you need to be a part to have friends. sucks

Lisa said...

A workplace with multiple women can be a dangerous atmosphere. Sounds like to me that they are just envious and jealous THEY didn't get the job.
Congrats on your promotion! You'll do great. Good luck with Kate. I hope she gets feeling better.