Monday, May 19, 2008

Busy Weekend! (Pics just added)

Whew! We just came off of a busy weekend! Busy, but good. I threw my friend, Meredith, a baby shower on Saturday. The theme: Celebrity Babies! We had a red carpet, silver stars, a celebrity baby name match-up game, lots of gossip magazines, and yummy food.
The Red Carpet
Meredith and her baby bump!
I think it went pretty well. Everyone seemed to have a good time. It was a lot of work, though! For some reason it took a lot out of me. I took a nice long nap on Saturday afternoon while Mike played with Kate. Then we went to our friends Barb and Greg's house for pool time and hot dogs on the grill! I love that part of summer! P.S. It's 107 today... it was super hot all weekend. Bring it on, Las Vegas summer! I dare you! I'll be ready this year. Last year darn near did me in. But this year I'll dress lighter, and bring a spray bottle if I have to! :) It's just what we get for living in the desert.
Anyway, I also taught Young Women on Sunday... a great lesson about heritage and what kind of ancestors will we be to our posterity. Some good thoughts came out of my Mia Maid girls. They're such great examples, and I swear, they're so much stronger in the gospel than I was at their age. They really know who they are and what they stand for. Go girls!
Sunday afternoon we ate dinner at our neighbors house. A great "roast" dinner... if you want to know more, you'll have to ask Jill. :) It was still delicious.
Then last night I stayed up until 11p.m. watching the Desperate Housewives season finale. What did you guys think??? I'm kind of over it. But the last 3 minutes were pretty crazy! Thoughts?
Now I'm going to pick up my parents from the airport! More on Mike's new job and everything else later.

3 comments:

Willy The Prince said...

ummm, yeah strange. What the heck happened to Mike in DH? I still love Bree and aspire to keep a house like her (so does Willy). All I can say the FBI should investigate that street, sure are a lot of deaths. Maybe that's the twist--the houses are built on cursed land???

As for the party, take it from me, I know the stress that comes with a party. I am sure it was awesome. Where are the pixs?

Julie T. said...

You did a great job with the baby shower! Riley and I had a lot of fun being there with all you fun people:) I also heard about Jill's Sunday dinner- Ben said it still turned out really good!

jessi said...

I agree, baby showers are a lot of work. It sounds so ideal to host, and then you realize after how exhausting it was. It is a labor of love for the person you are hosting it for. It looks like you did a beautiful job, and your house looks beautiful too.