Friday, May 23, 2008

MY (Guitar) HERO!

For Mike's birthday in March, I went against my better judgement and bought him Guitar Hero... and our lives haven't been the same since! :) Mike has been very good about putting his homework and school before playing, but now that he's out of school it's jam time! I have to admit, it's kind of fun! I suck at it, of course, but I can strum along with Poison's "Talk Dirty to Me" and Guns-n-Roses' "Welcome to the Jungle" with the best of 'em!
Pictured below: Mike and Kevin in a jam session.
The real teller that Guitar Hero is now a permanent fixture in our lives is this: The other day my dad was visiting and he turned on the TV to watch a program, and Kate immediately ran to get the guitar! She knows that when the TV is on, it's time to play Guitar Hero with Daddy!
This is one video game I can live with. I don't have a lot of patience for the rest of them, but this one is somewhat addicting!
YOU ROCK!!!

5 comments:

~* The Hoskin Fam *~ said...

Karen:

You are so young and hip to be rockin out to the oldies.

I know we're impressed (and a few of us are jealous SINCE WE WANT THAT GAME SO BADLY).

I love the pics of Kate and the geese. yikes.

Happy Hot Summer
Christina

Emily Petty said...

Great posts Karen! The baby shower you threw looks very fun! I also have some 'fond' memories of scary trips to the duck pond - Kate still looks cute though. I think the guitar game is awesome - looks like fun. I actually taught guitar my first year of teaching, but I don't really play so that was an interesting experience.

Unknown said...

Mike, you are so fricken spoiled! I suck at that game, but it is fun watching. Take a picture of Kate playing....that would be awesome!

Lindsey said...

I am SO JEALOUS! See....it's opposite in our household. I am the one who wants Guitar Hero and Brian says No!?!?

But if we had it I would totally be rockin' out to Heart.

Willy The Prince said...

Your duck pictures look so cute! Mike is luckier than Willy--I would soon be forgotten if I got him this game.

I also love spying on your blogging buddies. I didn't know that John M. was sick. That is so sad.