Way back on June 26, 2001, Mike and I went on our very first date! :) I was so twitterpated over this guy, it was crazy! I remember what he wore (a red button-down shirt and jeans) and I remember what I wore (a white and blue tee with new jeans and straw wedge sandals). We went to what was then the Idaho Falls Padres baseball game at McDermott Field, where Mike taught me the art of spitting sunflower seeds! (I'm pretty good now, by the way)
It was so fun to just sit with this cute guy and laugh and talk and enjoy the breezy summer air in Idaho Falls. Afterward, we went to Baskin Robbins for ice cream (only because Reed's Dairy was closed) and went back to my apartment and talked for hours.I was pretty sure from our first few dates that I wanted to marry him. Mike needed a bit more time to realize that I was the woman of his dreams! :) But now it's been 7 years and we are so happy! I wouldn't want to share this ride of life with anyone else. Love you, sweetie!
No comments:
Post a Comment