http://mabrystudios.typepad.com/reflections_of_christ/2008/03/reflections-sli.html
It is a slide show called "Reflections of Christ" and features some amazing photographs set to one of the most beautiful hymns in our Church, "Come Thy Fount of Every Blessing." A very inspiring piece of video for my Friday morning! Thank you, Stephanie, for sharing it with me.
Some of you know about our friend, Suzanne. She and her husband, Pete, have been friends of ours since we moved to Las Vegas. Mike and Pete hit it off at work immediately (they're both fun-loving guys who got along from the start) and they've always opened their home to us for 4th of July parties, dinners, etc. Well, Suzanne was diagnosed with cancer more than a year ago, and has since taken a turn for the worse. She's been hospitalized since April, and because of the cancer, her immune system is very weak and all the nerves in her body have been damaged severely. They are not members of the Church, but Mike offered to give her a Priesthood blessing and last night she graciously accepted. It was so touching to be in the room while Mike and our good friend, Ben, placed their hands on her head and gave her a sweet blessing that she'd be strong enough to endure what her body is going through. I definitely felt the spirit in the room as Mike spoke the prayer. I think it touched Suzanne as well. Pete joked that she'd turn into a Mormon after the prayer was over! :) haha... Anyway, I just wanted to share that. I believe that if her faith is strong, Suzanne will be able to endure this hardship and her family will be strengthened.
Happy Friday to everyone! Hug your loved ones today and keep them close. I know I will.
6 comments:
Wow. I am so grateful to the priesthood and the worthy men who hold it! I wish Suzanne and her family all the best!
Hope you're doing well, too!
That story makes me tear up a bit! How sweet! How awesome for the priesthood! And I've seen that slide show before--AMAZING! Thanks for sharing.
I loved your post today. What a cool story about our little Mikey. Kate is getting so big and she's beautiful. You guys did good!
Hi Karen-It's Nicole Reynard from SUU-Rob and I live in SLC, I saw you on Amy Kirby's blog and just had to say hello! Your daughter and husband are so fun, what a darling family! Your friends story is very touching. I too am thankful for priesthood blessings, I'm glad that she could find some peaceful moments. We have 3 little boys, Payton 7, Ryan 4 and Lincoln 1 month. It's fun to see your blog, maybe someday I will pull a family blog together too!
What a wonderful slide show, thanks for sharing. Hope all is well with you all. Love and miss you.
Aunt Lisa & Grandpa P
Hey...great to hear from you Karen! hope life is good in your neck of the woods (hot!!). We're good - thanks for looking me up! Keep in touch!
Love,
Darla
Post a Comment