Friday, June 13, 2008

Weekend of Celebrations!

As usual, I'm so glad it's Friday! We have plenty to look forward to this weekend. Kate and I are excited to celebrate Father's Day for Mike and also for Grandpa Sharp, Grandpa Grady, Great-Grandpa Pardonnet and Great-Grandpa Sharp. We love the men in our lives!!! Kate and I are planning a yummy lasagna dinner complete with homemade French bread for our sweet Mike, along with some fun presents!
Then on Monday, I'm observing my birthday by NOT WORKING! What better present to give myself? Yep, I'm gonna be 32. Holy freaking cow that seems old. I'm seriously having a bit of a meltdown about it. Most of you know that I'm not a huge fan of being "in my thirties". But at the same time, I love my life and I'm so happy for the things I have and the people I get to share my life with. So anyway, the birthday plan is to try to sleep in a little (yeah right), take Kate swimming in the morning, and meet up with Mike at his job for lunch and a tour of his new digs. Then depending on how generous my hubby feels, a little "light" shopping and dinner out. Not too bad for birthday plans, right? Happy Weekend!!!! And Happy Father's Day!

11 comments:

Jaime Lynne said...

Happy birthday on Monday, Karen. I hope it is a wonderful day for you. And Happy Father's Day to Mike as well!

Kelly said...

Yeah, Happy Birthday! I deliberately forget mine because I don't want to think that I am going to be 32 this year too. YIKES! At least I have the consolation of knowing that you will always be older than me. :)

Suzette said...

Somehow I still get yours and Jenny's b-day mixed up. And every year I write it on the same date knowing it is wrong. I'm so sorry that I didn't wish you a happy happy b-day earlier like I usually do thinking it's on the 3rd. But 32 isn't so bad it's the 35 mark that's going to kill me. Just wait until you have a kid who is going to be 8 that will make you feel old. :) But you still look young and beautiful reguardless of your age. Have a great day!!!

Taralee said...

Yep, happy bday on Monday to you and Tues. to me. Woohoo!!

jessi said...

I love how you will be "observing" your birthday. Didn't realize (or had forgotten) that you and Jacob have birthdays just a day apart. Hope that you have a great day!!!

Petty Family said...

Happy Birthday Karen!

HammondFam said...

Hi Karen! How are ya? Your blog is so cute -- I found it on Brook's blog. We should get together one of these days!! :)

HammondFam said...

Oh-yeah, by the way...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you have a great day off!!! :)

Willy The Prince said...

Happy Birthday! I'm not far behind you.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Karen! I hope you had a great day relaxing. I also hope that Mike let you shop. Love and miss you!

Julie T. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN!! I hope you had a great day:)