Friday, October 10, 2008

Random Pics Friday!

I have a bunch of random photos that I could break into a bunch of small posts, but in the spirit of Random Pic Friday, I thought I'd lump them all into one big fat Friday post. I'm here at work, wishing I wasn't, so I need a brief distraction.
(Don't tell Michael Scott or Holly WhatshernameHRlady from "The Office", as my doing personal posts during work might be considered unethical, based on last night's episode).
Anyway, last weekend was General Conference for our church. And to keep in line with Grady family tradition, I decided to make cinnamon rolls to enjoy during the Sunday morning session. I've never made cinnamon rolls before, but oh. my. gosh. They were awesome! I was so proud I even took a picture! Mike thoroughly enjoyed them as well!
As did Kate. Kramer just sat waiting for any scraps to drop on the ground.
Good job, Me, for making freaking awesome General Conference Cinnamon Rolls!
The other day, Seth and Kate were playing and both decided they needed a brief catnap. Too cute not to grab a picture!
I dressed Kate up in her UNLV cheerleader costume for school a few weeks ago, the day before the UNLV/UNR game. We lost, but boy did Kate look darling! She even learned the "Rebel" cheer at school and spent the next several days screaming "Go Rebels!" at us at random times.
She's so cute, I just want to squeeze her!!!
Go Rebels! (well, better luck next time, 'eh?)
Kate got a fun gift box from her Great-Grandma Petty in the mail, which included this darling dress. Luckily we live in Las Vegas, so it's still plenty warm to wear cute sundresses.
Happy Friday!
Kate and I are off to Utah this weekend to beautify ourselves (hair appointments for both of us with our good friend, Vickie) and a fun birthday weekend planned for my mother. We're going to dinner and to see Les Miserables at Tuachan in St. George tomorrow night. Poor Mike is staying home to catch up on endless homework. Gotta love college!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

time thief!

Babs said...

Kate is so darn cute!

Willy The Prince said...

yum. I must know your recipe for the cinnabun! Also, you are so pretty.

Kelly said...

Where are my cinnamon rolls? Let's spread the fat around next time, okay?

Lisa said...

I absolutely LOVE the cheerleader outfit! Where did you get it? Can I get one for Katelyn? (pst. don't tell Nick. j/k!) . . .

Do share the cinnamon roll recipe. I never thought of that for General Conference Saturday. What a great idea! I think I'll try it in April. Hopefully, I'll remember.

BKFW said...

Ohhh, the rolls look fantastic! And Kate with her cheer outfit is ADORABLE! Way to go ... you have become the World's Most Perfect Mom: baking, taking care of the dog, going on fun trips, and all the while, looking like a rockstar!

Suzette said...

My post didn't show. So hopefully you don't get this twice. Can I get the recipe as well?? I'll share my créme brûlée french toast that is so yummy, My family askes me to make it every weekend.

I also agree that Kate looks DARLING!!! What a cute Mom you are.

Lindsey said...

YAY REBELS! I don't know if you know this but we worked with the Head Coach (Mike Sanford) at Utah! We love him; he is the greatest and we want him to do well!!

Kate is gorgeous, and looks so darling in her cheer outfit!

Emily Petty said...

Kate looks adorable in her cheerleader outfit and sundress!

Jen A. said...

Hey Karen, it's Jen Reeves Allred. What a small world...we both ended up in Vegas!! We live in North Las Vegas, we just moved here about 3 months ago from Ohio, where we have lived for the past 5 years. What a cute little girl you have! It is fun to see your cute family and catch up, I love these blogs!! I tried to see Chrystal's blog, but I guess it is private -- I need to e-mail her. It was great to hear from you, we'll have to keep in touch. Anybody else's blog you have that I would know? Do you remember Katrina? Her blog is on mine, I think it is under Sandgren family. Have a great day!
Jen Allred

Julie T. said...

Riley has unfortunately grown out of her UNLV cheerleading outfit. . . time for a new one! Hey, how close is the bookstore from where you work? If it is close and I beg you hard enough would you buy her a new one and I will pay you back? Let me know on that:)
Also, very impressed with the cinnamon roles. They are beautiful! You are awesome!