Monday, December 08, 2008

Pictures from Grandpa's Funeral

Thanks to Jenn, I now have some pictures from Grandpa Pardonnet's funeral. Jenn, I stole these from your blog! I haven't had a chance to get mine done yet. Obviously Kate had a hard time understanding the whole funeral thing. I told her that Grandpa died, and that we were sad. It didn't seem to register to her at the time. But during the funeral all the grandchildren did a musical number, and as we were all walking down from the podium, Kate pointed to Grandpa's casket and loudly pronounced "Grandpa died!" So I guess she did listen to me after all!
Kate and Mike at the cemetery.
It was my job to keep Kate clear of the pall-bearers, which was tough to do. She wanted to be right next to her daddy. The pall bearers. They look so handsome! Grandpa's beloved daughters and sister at the cemetery. Mike's brother, Ryan, was able to participate in the flag ceremony.
Kate, letting Grandpa Sharp get a whiff of her flower.
She carried that thing around for hours!

2 comments:

T&JCrawford said...

Wow! I have been hearing about a lot of funerals lately! Sorry for your loss.

The baby on my blog is my new niece. She is TCs and EJay's. She was born last week. She has an infection in the blood and stops breathing when she falls asleep. TC is freaking out. My mom is going to Michigan, where EJay is going to law school, to see them tonight.

Nicole said...

Very cute pictures, in spite of the somber occasion. I'm glad everything went well.