I'm sure every Las Vegas blogger will have a post about the "snow phenomenon of 2008" so here's mine! My pictures aren't very good, so apologies for that. It was so crazy! It started snowing Wednesday just after noon, and it was so beautiful. But by 3:30p.m. panic was setting in amongst my co-workers, who were wondering how the roads would be and how long it would take them to get home. It honestly hadn't occurred to me that the roads might be bad. I just assumed it'd melt off, like it usually does. Nope! My boss closed our office and sent us all home. I picked up Kate from preschool, thinking she'd be loving this cool weather. Nope again! She was terrified. And at first I couldn't figure out why. I told her that snow wasn't scary, just cold. She cried pretty much the entire ride home, and after hearing her say "I can't see the airport" and "I can't see mommy's car" and "I can't see the Christmas lights" it dawned on me that she was afraid of the snow because it was covering up things that she could usually see. I guess that would be disheartening for a little gal. The ride home took forever! Everyone was moving at a snail's pace, which was fine with me. I hate driving in the snow! And I forgot how much it sucks to slide out of control on black ice. So our commute home was not the usual 20 minutes, but a tedious hour and a half. Kate cried forever, and finally I told her to close her eyes so she didn't have to see the snow, so she promptly fell asleep. It took her awhile to get calmed down after we got home too, but a steaming cup of hot chocolate and some hot, yummy taco soup did the trick.
MERRY CHRISTMAS
AND
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
4 comments:
Are you kidding me? That is unbelievable! I have been saying how much I miss the snow, it's been 3 years since I've seen it.
Kate is so unbelievably gorgeous. Her hair is getting so long! She looks so much like you I can't believe it. Darling!
Luv you girl. The pixs are great. I can't believe it. When my sister told me schools were closed I wasn't sure what to thing.
Kate is a doll. Merry Christmas.
XOXO
Heather
ps. I always dreamed of a snow day. Alas, in Utah, no such luck.
Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy the snow. We have lots and it is only 5 degrees this morning.
Kate is beautiful!! We got a ton of snow in Cedar also!! I guess we will have a white Christmas after all!!
Post a Comment