Monday, February 02, 2009

Sick Weekend

I've been sicky sick sick since last Thursday! Ugh. Last week I went home early every day, and finally dragged myself to Urgent Care on Wednesday. Yay for a sinus infection! In any case, I wasn't in much of a mood to do anything this weekend. BUT we managed to have a little fun here and there. Here's Kate and me getting ready for work/school on Friday. Grandma Petty sent her a darling new outfit that we had to model! Then Friday night I promised one of my Mia Maids, Becca, that we'd go watch her cheer at the high school basketball game. So I doped myself up on antibiotics and Tylenol and went to the game. It was so fun! I forgot how much fun high school sporting events are. Kate had a blast cheering and running around the bleachers.
Here's Kate with darling Becca!
Kate and me. You can tell Kate's starting to get sick herself with those rosy cheeks. Or maybe it was just hot? She's doing much better now! Then Saturday we had to bail out on going to our friend's daughter's birthday party because we couldn't risk any other little kiddies getting our sicknesses. (Sorry Leslie and Caleigh!!!) But after lots of medicine and naps, we felt okay to go out on the town that night for dinner with Jayme, Layne & Payce. We played around at Town Square and had a yummy meal at California Pizza Kitchen. Kate had such fun running around with Payce.
Thanks to the dads, Jayme and I were able to chat a lot. Layne and Mike chased after our little ones most of the night.
Sunday after church, Kate, Mike & I threw ourselves an impromptu Super Bowl party! I didn't really care about the game, but it was fun to kick back and eat chips and dip and relax in front of the TV. And the game turned out to be really good anyway! :) So it was a fun night.
The Super Bowl spread!
Ben, Jill, Seth & Eli stopped by for a few minutes in the 4th quarter. I love this picture of Kate and Seth. Aren't they cute???
So now it's Monday and I'm bound and determined to kick this nasty cold/sinus thing once and for all! Kate is doing much better today too. Here's to a whole new week!

5 comments:

Our Happily Ever After said...

Well, it looks like you made the most out of your weekend, despite being sick. We missed you at the party, but am glad you guys are feeling better. Now it's my turn to kick that cold bug in the butt. Wish me luck.

Nicole said...

You look amazing, even sick. No fair. I didn't look nearly that cute when I had my sinus infection. It took me a while to get over mine too, even with the antibiotics. Ella had to have antis too, and she's just getting over hers. STINKY!! Hope you guys are all doing better soon. Hope you have a great week.

Taralee said...

You looks great Karen!!! And I'm so sorry to hear you've been sick. We have too, well we're better now, but we WERE sick for EVER!!! Stay better OK :)

HammondFam said...

Kate is seriously so adorable!!

T&JCrawford said...

KAREN! Congrats on the 33 lbs. Wow! Your family looks awesome!