While my parents entertained Kate for a couple of days (thanks Mom & Dad!) Mike and I went with Kevin and Leslie to Washington, D.C. for a whirlwind tour. We saw/did a LOT in 48 hours! Highlights included:
-Visiting all the monuments (including the Lincoln Memorial just before a massive rainstorm. We sought shelter at the monument, along with 500 screaming middle-schoolers on a class trip.
-National Archives (listening to people in line telling their kids "This is where they filmed National Treasure!"
-The Smithsonian Museums-- Natural History and Air & Space
-Eating at National Grill
-Changing of the Guard at Arlington National Cemetery
-Visiting the Washington, D.C. Temple



3 comments:
So glad you had a good time! IT looks like you fit a lot in.
I am glad that you guys had a great time! Hopefully Mike can catch up with his classes easily. It would be so cool to visit all of those places...I'm sure that you were extremely exhausted, but I'm jealous!!
So fun! I'm glad you guys were able to make the trip. Wish we could have been there :)
Post a Comment