Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Mommy's Work

I've made no secret that being a "working mom" isn't my idea of a party. Sure, we have our routine down, and most of the time, our little arrangement works out pretty well. But inevitably there are hiccups along the way, like when Kate gets sick. And all I want to do is cuddle with her and feed her soup and juice. Unfortunately, sometimes work obligations come calling as well. This happened a few days ago, on the day that a major project was due at work. Kate woke up sick. Poor girl! Mike had classes, so after some careful juggling, I took her on a field trip to my office for a couple of hours in the afternoon.
And wouldn't you know it-- that girl didn't act sick one little bit once we got there! She had a ball; coloring at my desk, eating all the treats (and there were many) in my drawers, and playing on the golf cart. Now, she asks every morning if she can go to "Mommy's work." Thanks for being my little colleague for the day, Miss Kate! I'm really grateful to have a job that is "kid friendly" on occasion. For all the complaining I do, my job is really pretty terrific. At least Kate thinks so! :)

4 comments:

M. Harrison said...

Cute pics of you guys at work! Sorry that miss Kate is sick, but hopefully she was miraculously cured by going to work with mommy. Happy belated anniversary too.

Willy The Prince said...

How fun! I used to love going into offices when I was young. I would pretend to be grown-up and important. lol

Sounds like you have a great job.

Emily Petty said...

So cute! I just went through your VA pictures - it looks like you guys all had a wonderful family vacation and celebration for Kevin's graduation - that's great! You went so many places. I have to confess that I've noticed that you look really great in those big sunglasses - so I bought a pair the other day, but after seeing them on me in a real mirror at home, I'm not so sure that I can pull them off! Don't tell Frank - he already wasn't thrilled that I spent 20 Euros.

Michelle and Nick said...

She is such a cutie. I'm so glad we finally got to meet her and Mike. We had such a great time and we really appreciate you having us over. The invitation stands for you to come visit us anytime!!