Thursday, June 18, 2009

That's What Friends Are For

I was going through my pictures today and found so many cute ones of Kate with a few of her little friends, so I wanted to share! We are really lucky to have so many wonderful friends with little kiddos of their own for Kate to play with!
Last week we went to Town Square with the Weights. Here's Kate and Payce performing a play on the little stage at the playground. Note: Payce is an entire year older than Kate, and yet she's taller. The girl is a WEED! Saturday we spent a lot of time at various parks around town. We spent the morning with the Bollards feeding the ducks. Such fun! Look at these adorable girls! Kate with the Bollard sisters. Too cool for school! This freaky picture is one Kate took of herself...very "Blair Witch" of her!
Saturday night we met up with my new co-worker and his family for pizza and park time. Kate and their cute daughter, Gracie, totally bonded over chocolate chip cookies and sidewalk chalk! And they took turns "taking our order" in the window of this train. Does this mean we eat drive-thru fast food too much???
P.S.
The other day Kate's preschool teacher asked me if I was pregnant. Before I could get offended she said, "Not because you look like it, but because Kate adamantly tells everyone she is going to have a little brother!" Oh man... I assured the teacher that I was not, yet. Kate wants a little brother soooo bad. So I tried telling her that Mommy does not have a baby in her tummy right now. She sympathetically announced, "That's okay Mommy. I have a baby in my tummy for you!" Just goes to show she'll do whatever it takes to get a sibling. :)

4 comments:

HammondFam said...

Lol! I love the story of Kate telling people that she is going to have a baby brother! Madison wants a sibling so bad, and talks about it all the time too! I'm like, we are trying...give me a freakin' break!! :)

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

Such a great story! Patience has never been a big thing for we Grady girls, huh?

M. Harrison said...

Oh, that was great! Kate is such a character. Why a brother? Would she settle for another little sister?

Nicole said...

She's so beautiful! And she is very tall, and mature for her age. She was very impressive when we met you guys on our last trip! Love all the pics.