Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Tie

Kate made an adorable paper tie for Mike on Sunday at church. She was SO proud of it! Mike, of course, thought it was so cute, and after the appropriate oooh-ing and ahh-ing, put it on the kitchen table. Monday morning when Kate came downstairs for breakfast, she saw the tie on the table and exclaimed, "Hey! Daddy forgot to wear his tie to work today!" She was so sad that he forgot it. My heart just broke. I let her call Mike, who felt so bad as well. So when he got home from work yesterday, he clipped that thing on his shirt so fast! Kate was beyond thrilled. And guess what, Kate? Daddy "wore" the tie to work today, too! :) I'm sure all his co-workers are getting a big kick out of it right now. Mike even says maybe he'll wear it to church this Sunday. Anything to make Kate happy!

1 comment:

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

I love that he wore it today! What a great dad!