Monday, August 24, 2009

Henry's, Yellowstone, and Wal*Mart: Just an Ordinary Idaho Vacation~ Part 1

Our visit to Idaho was fabulous! Such a relaxing time spent with family, friends and nature.
And what Idaho vacation would be complete without a Burger King dinner eaten in the parking lot of Wal*Mart? (don't knock it 'til you've tried it!)
That's where we spent our first evening after discovering a bad tire on Aunt Lisa's car. After that was all fixed up, we sped straight out of town for Henry's Lake! We did some 4-wheeling. Kate loved looking for nearby cows.
We went to Yellowstone National Park. I especially enjoyed the sulfur smell... gaaaag!!
Old Faithful Nights were spent inside the trailer playing games while Kate bedded down with her favorite movie of the moment, Toy Story 2.
Oh yeah, we ate lots of s'mores!
Delicious, huh Lynette? Mike and I (and Lisa not pictured) were on scrambled egg duty one morning. Something about cooking breakfast in the mountains... I LOVE IT!
Kate got a turn to "drive" the boat, just like the rest of her cousins!
We even took a turn in the canoe Mike and his dad built years ago.
We ended the camping portion of our vacation with ice cream and burgers from the Frostop. Very good!
Still to come: The Idaho Falls zoo with cousins, feeding the ducks, and the temple!

3 comments:

Babs said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. We'll have to try Burger King in the parking lot of Wal*Mart! HA! miss you.

M. Harrison said...

Fun, fun, fun!! So glad that we could spend time with you guys. I especially like the walmart eating pics.

The Grady's said...

Idaho is so beautiful! I've still never been!