Friday, January 15, 2010

Baby Stuff

The baby is kicking incessantly this afternoon (I'm NOT complaining... I love it!) But his kicks remind me that I haven't mentioned the pregnancy on the blog very much. For some reason this pregnancy is flying by so much faster than it did with Kate, and I'm not documenting hardly any of the milestones that I did with Kate. Poor little second child... already lost in the shuffle! :) Anyway, while I'm waiting for Mike to come pick me up for our 3-day weekend (yay!!) I wanted post a few ideas I have for the baby's nursery.
And no, we are no closer to picking a name, so feel free to drop any suggestions you may have! As you can see, I'm thinking along the lines of a sock-monkey theme. But I hate nurseries that are too "themed" so I want to tread lightly on the whole theme idea. But I love the colors of this nursery I saw on Ali Loves Curtis blog. I love the red and light green together. And see the sock monkey? So cute! The rest of these images are from various Internet sites. I love this sock-monkey print. I definitely want to frame this over the crib. And these pillows from Cafe Press are so adorable.
Saw this sweet little night-light on e-bay. Now if only we had an endless supply of $$ to jazz up the nursery. I'm gathering ideas for Kate's new room as well.
She wants a princess bed in the worst way!
Of course, putting a damper on all of this decorating is the fact that we're not quite sure where we'll be or what we'll be doing in the next few months. Between the baby, Mike graduating and his job hunt, our future looks to be quite up in the air right now. We're praying for the right circumstance for our family. Part of me would love to stay in Las Vegas, and yet a smaller part of me is craving a little bit of change. We'll see!
Happy Friday!!!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

What a cute theme! I love it.

Emily Petty said...

That's such a crazy time when you don't know where you'll be or what you'll be doing when! Good luck getting that all sorted out. I love the sock monkey theme - I have a friend who did that for her boy nursery and it turned out great!

Suzette said...

Move to Texas....

Andrea and Greg said...

I second the Texas vote :)

Oh and hopefully you don't like the name Scott...I kinda have it picked out for if/when we have a boy (but no announcements though!!). Anything else will do!!