So, one of the main parts of Kate's day at the preschool is art. They do art all the time.
She's been a member of that cute little preschool since 3 months old. Times that by 5 days a week and 3.5 years... you can imagine how much artwork we've collected. And I've barely had the heart to throw any of it away... even the ones with just a couple of pencil lines on them. But in our frenzy of de-cluttering over the weekend, I decided that adorable or not, we had to narrow them down! I framed a few of my favorites, and pictures of her foot and hand prints. And then Mike took digital pictures of every piece of artwork that she's brought home. It took forever! But now we have documentation of her early artistic talents. We put a few original pieces into a memory box for her and the rest we "filed" away... in the recycle bin. Please tell me that this does not make us bad parents!
Anyway, below are a few of her creations. While they may only seem adorable to Mike and me, we wanted to share them on our blog... you know... for posterity. And as proof to her that we didn't just chuck her hard work.
4 comments:
you are not a bad parent - what a good idea to take pictures of all of them! good parent award to you!
Those are really cute projects. I especially like the plate one. Don't feel bad...you don't have the space for everything! When the kids started school (okay just Andrew to this point), I put a binder together for him at the end of the school year so that he can know what he did in Kindergarten, 1st, etc. When Kate starts school maybe you can do that and alleviate some of the guilt. That's really cool that they are all digitized...that is a great way to remember the millions of projects. Happy de-cluttering!!
What a good idea! We're totally going to do that. Look at us already plotting how to "get rid" of Lydia's art and she hasn't even made any yet. What does that say about US as parents?
Such a good idea to go digital... but I can't believe you actually parted with them. (Although I'm totally supportive!) Never fear... we still have a supply of the ones you gave us. By the way, we still have a few too many of the ones you did as child that Grandpa doesn't want to part with either. :-)
Post a Comment