It's been an absolutely crazy few weeks for us here at Sharp
Las Vegas! And with a big move coming up this week, I probably won't get around to posting any pictures of recent events for a while. So I'm taking a little break from the blog until we get settled in Texas. In the meantime, here's a list of things we've been up to lately:
- We had a baby (4 weeks old today, by the way!)
- Mike took 2nd place in the Senior Design Competition
- Mike studied for and passed all of his finals and is now a UNLV GRAD!!!
- We blessed Dylan Grady Sharp on Mother's Day... what a special day!
- We were so lucky to have most of our family here to celebrate Mike's graduation and Dylan's blessing this past weekend.
- We are packing up to leave Las Vegas :( and start a new life in Arlington/Fort Worth, Texas! Moving day is this Saturday! I can't believe it.
- We have been going nuts with all the things associated with the move-- renting a truck, packing, finding a place, etc. All this after just having had a baby and in the midst of graduation and finals... we are crazed!
All of these stresses aside, we have been extremely blessed. We are so happy that Mike has a job in the field that he wants and that we are able to move as a family. We are so blessed that Dylan is growing and progressing nicely and that Kate is an adoring big sister. We are really fortunate to have amazing families, who have helped us pack, haul, and celebrate our milestones. We are grateful for our dear friends, who have tended Kate, provide food and support during this insane time. We are going to miss everyone in
Las Vegas so much!!! I'm especially sad to leave our friends behind, as well as move so far away from my sister and parents. But we are really glad to be moving where we will have other family nearby.
So, until we're deep in the heart of Texas....
buh-bye!
11 comments:
Oh Karen! I'm gonna miss you guys! I'm sad I had to work yesterday & missed the baby blessing! Good thing for blogs for keeping in touch! Let me know if you having suggestions/tips for moving since we will be going through that shortly as well! Congrats to Mike! And watch out for my little bro (elder bench) who is on his mission in ft worth right now! :) he loves it there!
Karen--I don't know if you remember Rachelle Asay or not from school. She was a grade younger than us. Anyways, her and her family live in Ft. Worth. Her hubby (my Bro-in-law) is a civil engineer for the Army Corp of Engineers. If you need anything, I can give you her phone # :)
Good luck with everything...what a giant new step for your family.
Wow Karen! I had no idea that you guys were moving! Did you know ahead of time, I know you just finished decorating your baby nursery. That's great that Mike got a job though in Texas. And congrats on his graduation - good luck with moving - that is such hard work!
Karen, Wow congrats on the new adventures. What a stressful situation. I'm excited that you'll be in Texas. We will have to get together. And if you ever need a sitter I'm happy to anytime. And if you ever want to go to sea world, six flaggs or Schlitterbahn please stop by and see me.
Karen, this Ana Mitchell, I'm trying to reach you. Do you need more boxes? I have many.
Call me (702)463-1812
Ohhhh, congratulations Mike!!! I'm excited for you to be moving to a new place...it's hard to leave friends, but good things will come your way! Good luck in Texas! My thoughts will be with you through this crazy time you must be going through..Miss you guys!
Oh my, my hubby wants to move to Dallas. Wouldn't that be a trip?
Congrats MIKE!
Happy travels guys. After a grueling, wanna beat my children, 10 hour road trip kind of day, we are home. Good luck on your long drive, and we love you tons!!
You're supposed to wait till after your maternity leave is over! I didn't know you were moving =( It was a pleasure working with you over the past few years. Wish you and your family the best!
Ryan
Wow, 3 weeks have already past since we saw you guys?? Sorry we never got together. We've pretty much had no spare minute and our weekends were packed.
I'm excited for you guys! Congrats on all these wonderful things. NICE JOB MIKE! You guys will be blessed and things will work out and you'll gain friends quick!
You totally look gorgeous! Congratulations!
Post a Comment