Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The best thing about apartment-living

Being in an apartment again is not the most ideal situation, but we're making the best of it by taking full advantage of pool time!
When we arrived here, Kate did not know how to swim. My plan was to explore some lessons at the YMCA or someplace. Well, thanks to my mom's ability to chat it up with people at the pool, we found this awesome gal: Kandace.
My mom met Kandace down at the pool the week she was here helping us move in. Kandace teaches private swim lessons and offered us a terrific deal for Kate. And it's been the greatest thing! Kate does so well with her. And now, she's a little fish! Kate looks forward to each lesson, and really enjoys the one-on-one attention. I love it because I can lay out by the pool while she learns and then we can swim together afterward.
Oh yeah, and Dylan is loving the pool as well. :)
And as a side note: Yes, we came from Las Vegas where the heat was brutal. But it pales in comparison when humidity is tossed in. I'm feeling all nostalgic for the good old "dry" heat of Nevada. But we're healthy, happy and well-moisturized. haha!

4 comments:

Babs said...

I need a Kandance for Cole. Seriously the kid won't swim without his life jacket and Greg is still too scarred from last summer's swim class with Cole...what am I to do?

Love Mr. Dylan chilling pool side. What a little man!

The Grady's said...

Dylan looks soooo adorable in his little swimsuit!

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

I love Dylan's pop belly in his suit :) So fun to have regular pool time!

Lindsay Bowen said...

OMG! Dylan is so big! Look at all his chunk. That is so crazy and SO cute!

Hope your good. I LOVED talking to you last week. I miss your face.

Linds