Kate and Karen, outside Rangers Stadium in ArlingtonI thought that once I was at home full-time I'd be able to blog at my leisure (let's be honest: I did that at work too... shhh.) Of course I'd have to time my blogging in between Days of our Lives and General Hospital and during my bon-bon breaks. But alas! We've been leading pretty busy lives since we descended upon the Lone Star State and I can't keep up! We have been getting more involved in our ward and making some fun new friends, which I can't wait to post about. And between exploring Arlington, Fort Worth, and Dallas I have pictures galore for many blog posts. But quickly today I wanted to share a few from the last two big outings we have had as a family: A Texas Rangers game and the Ringling Brothers Circus!

Mike's fantastic new job hosted a night at the ballpark for all employees and their families. Texas Rangers vs. the Anaheim Angels. We were treated to dinner in one of the stadium boxes before the game and got to watch the game from fabulous seats. Dylan brought his own, as you can see. :)
Yay Texas!

It was
sooooo hot! Kinda like it is all the time here. Dylan and I escaped to the viewing box for much of the game and we had to leave a bit early. But we loved it! I love baseball games, and Kate really got into the whole thing. We're definitely jumping on the Rangers bandwagon and will be attending more games in the future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then! Last Saturday we went to the CIRCUS! The Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus was in town, and Leslie scored some sweet seats for us right on the main floor. So fun!

So it was a wee bit loud. Poor Dylan. I wondered if we were being cruel to bring him along with us. But after about five minutes of him crying, he sat up and was positively mesmerized for the entire thing! He didn't even cry about eating or anything, which I was fully expecting during the 2+ hours. And Kate... well, let's just say the look of sheer enjoyment on her face was priceless. We had such fun!

I think our favorite part was the elephants. Kate was so thrilled and keeps talking about how they stood on each others' backs.
I love the elephants, but get a little sad seeing them, because it reminds me of the worst Disney movie ever made,
Dumbo. I H-A-T-E that movie with a blazing passion. Mike asked me why, and I was reduced to heaving sobs as I described the scene with Dumbo and his mom as she's locked up.... and now I'm crying again! See? It's a horrible movie!

But maybe these elephants don't pick on sweet little big-eared elephants. And maybe they all get to stay with their moms and dads, right? In any case we had a ball. I am making it a goal to blog more often about our little adventures. We really are having a fun and fulfilling summer!
5 comments:
The picture of Dylan in the Bumbo on the seat at the game is perfect! What a great idea to bring it along for him to sit in!
YES, love The Dyl in the bumbo!! hahaha! classic.
you guys are so cute! we're so glad you moved here. :)
We just went to the circus when they were in town a few weeks ago! We thought it was really fun too! I miss seeing you guys but I'm so glad you are doing so well in Texas. I think its awesome you are having to much fun being a stay-at-home mommy:)
The circus was so much fun with you guys! We'll have to grab a baseball game sometime - Go Rangers!
Lots of fun. We are glad that you guys are enjoying your new adventure! I love the pictures of the kids...Dylan is getting so big.
Love you guys.
Post a Comment