Monday, August 16, 2010

I'm using my ARM!

An excerpt from Jerry Seinfeld's stand-up, "I'm Telling You for the Last Time":

"All men kinda think of themselves like low-level super-heroes in their own world.
I'm not even supposed to be telling you this.
But when men are growing up and are reading about Batman, Spiderman, Superman...
these aren't fantasies.
These are options.
This is the deep inner secret truth of the male mind.

I'll give you a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Did you ever see a guy, out on the highway, moving a mattress tied to the roof of the car?
Without fail, he's got the arm out of the window holding the mattress.
This is classic male idiot super-hero thinking.
This moron believes that if the wind catches this huge rectangle at 70 mph...
'I got it! I got it!'
'Don't worry about it.'
'I'm using my ARM!'"
These pictures above and below were taken by ME, on Saturday in Arlington. Hee hee! I'm sure the girls I was with thought I was completely nuts, and a little worried we might get shot for taking this picture. But I couldn't resist!
It's one of my favorite quotes...
"I got it, I got it... I'm using my ARM!"

4 comments:

The Grady's said...

I freaking LOVE that bit! So funny! Thanks for the great laugh!

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

Isn't it amazing how there is a Seinfeld reference to be used in every situation in life? I love it! And I love that you took pictures of it. It's a little gutsy :)

Shannon said...

ha! I love that you loved it! And I am crazy impressed that you took the picture and everything! Hilarity at it's finest!

Danielle said...

that was pretty funny when you took that picture. you're so immature. ;)