Friday, August 27, 2010

Our Summer

Whew! Try as I might, I can't seem to post on this blog more often.
No excuse really... just laziness on my part I guess.
So today I wanted to share a few pictures from our fun Texas summer.
We have been extremely blessed since moving here. I know that Heavenly Father is watching over our family as we settle into our new lives.

We have enjoyed making some fun new friends!
Here's Kate and her cute friend, Maddy. They made cookies one afternoon and had such a ball.Mike and the kiddos with the Sturgill's adorable children. They are so cute together!
Sharing ice cream at our new favorite lunch place, Chick-Fil-A.
This summer has been so fun hanging out with Kate. I cannot tell you how much I'm enjoying my stint as a SAHM. Watching Kate's imagination at work is such a treat. She is constantly on the move from one activity to the next. This picture reminds me of a certain girl (me) at that age dressing up with my sister. I will have to find some of those pictures soon!
One of the things I've enjoyed the most is cooking with Kate. She is such a great helper in the kitchen and now that I have a bit more time during the day, I really enjoy planning and making good meals. Some of our hits of the summer: chocolatey-chocolate chip cookies, baked spaghetti, Mexican lasagna, and homemade mac & cheese.
But don't get me wrong: I still LOVE going out to eat! We've explored a few new restaurants this summer too.
This is at Bone Daddy's, where the servers dress like skanks but the ribs are to die for!
Also this summer, Dylan has graduated from his infant bath to the big tub! He and Kate love taking baths together.
Pictured below: a blackmail picture for their teen years! :)
We have spent lots of time in Kate's room playing dolls, kitchen, etc. Like I said, this girl's mind is constantly at work. And I am so happy that I get to be a part of it!
Our summer has been filled with fun play-dates too. We have been so blessed to find some amazing friends. The children get along so well. Last week we took them to an awesome pool in Arlington (more pictures of the pool to come... it's so fun!)

And of course, Kate completed swimming lessons with flying colors this summer. She is now able to do "pizza arms", "frog legs", "zippers", and "chicken-airplane-rocket" with true precision! We are so happy that my mom met Kandace at the beginning of the summer! She's been fabulous.
Dylan: Sweetest Boy in the World!
I realize this post is all over the place... sorry! The other day Kate was playing "church" with her babies. It's so cute to watch her lead music, shush her babies, and "listen" to the speakers. If only she'd be so reverent in actual church!
And it hasn't just been all fun and games for the kids... adults need to have fun too!
This fun group of gals recently got together for a Girls' Night In/Birthday Party. So fun!
It doesn't seem like summer is almost over, since it's still brutally hot outside. But alas! It's almost September. Kate will be starting preschool twice a week starting next month, and she's so excited. Plus we will be going back to the library for Story Time and finding other ways to amuse ourselves. Since it will (hopefully) get a bit cooler, we are excited to explore the many parks and zoos around the area.
We also look forward to going back to Utah and Idaho this fall to visit our families who we miss so much! Fall will be a fun time.
Happy Friday Everyone! :)

7 comments:

Danielle said...

love all the pictures. it's been so fun to hang out with your cute family! that picture of kate in your hat is a-dorable!

ps - i don't really get the concept of the infant bath. we used it a lot with maddy, i think b/c i was nervous about everything, but with hudson, it just didn't work well. maybe b/c there was another kid in there? anyway, he's been outta that for awhile - because really, how do you wash their back and their bum in that thing? lol.

see you soon! xoxo

Lindsey said...

I knew this day would come sooner or later. I knew that one day you would put that darling baby boy in some Texas sports team shirt and I would be heartbroken. As long as he doesn't get put in a Longhorns shirt I will be ok. Ha! Just kidding. But seriously though.... :)

Kate is so gorgeous. And I am so glad that you are home with those darling kids now. Enjoy it!

M. Harrison said...

Fun stuff guys! We miss you, but are so glad that you are having a fun time and it looks like, making some great girlfriends. Those are a sanity MUST for sure.

Kelly said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures. We sure miss you.

Lori said...

Looks like fun! Kate is so cute! Hope to see you when you visit IF this year.

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

I love the bath picture! It reminds me of some of those mom and dad took of us as well. And yes, the dress up pix of Kate... so familiar somehow :)

Babs said...

This post makes me miss you more...but I am seriously so happy you have settled in with some great friends and fun with the fam. Oh, and by the way you look fab at the pool...and I am so proud of miss kate and her swim skills. And most importantly I heart chick-fil-a too! Yes, I've considered moving too, just for the chicken! love you.