Monday, September 20, 2010

Home Away from Home

My sweet husband.
He loves being on the lake. Any lake. L.o.v.e.s it!
Mike grew up going to various bodies of water around Idaho Falls, learning to water ski, etc.
In fact, some of our very first dates were spent on his dad's boat.
Very humiliating dates, I might add, as I tried over and over to get up on water skis. For the record I have never gotten up for more than about three seconds. Grr!
On Saturday we went with our friends, Bruce and Jessica, to Joe Pool Lake near Arlington. It was a blast!
Even though it's been a few years, Mike popped up on those skis like the pro that he is.
Later, as we were riding around the water, he looked at me and gleefully announced,
"This is my home away from home!"
I love that Mike loves the water so much. I really do hope that we can have the boat of his dreams someday.
Because look who was totally adorable in her new life-jacket:
Okay, in this picture, please don't look at me (I look hideous) but check out Mr. Dylan, so cute in his own life-jacket! We want to raise "boat" children.
So, we had to bribe Kate with a trip to Red Robin in order for her to jump in the lake at first. But once she did, she had a great time. Like a fish to water!... hahaha.
And it was a gorgeous day.
We're liking Texas more and more!
We could get used to these types of Saturday afternoons.
Yes, we really would love to have a boat someday. Years ago, I promised Mike that we would buy one when he got his degree. Instead, he got a toy boat for the bathtub when he graduated from UNLV.
Mean, I know.
But I promise, Mike, someday you'll have your "home away from home." :)

6 comments:

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

So fun! But you're supposed to get your boat when you live close enough for us to mooch off you :) Remember, we're bringing the sandwiches and you're bringing the boat. JK.

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

PS - I am in love with the life jacket shots of Dylan and Kate.

Lindsey said...

AW! Look at your little Boat Babies!! How fun. I miss boating, however, I will NOT go boating here for I am too a-feared of alligators! Yikes.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Fun stuff!!

Babs said...

Greg has that same dream. He wants to be a "boating family." Dreams of FHE on the boat...
Glad to see you are liking Texas more and more.

Emily Petty said...

Cute lake pictures! Kate looks so grown-up heading off to pre-school. I'm so sorry to hear about your dog.