Monday, October 11, 2010

Carrying on Traditions

During my growing-up years, I can really think of only one time of year that we broke out the cookie cutters, candy and frosting: Halloween. I'm sure we made sugar cookies other times too, but I always remember my mom helping us cut out pumpkins and letting us make funny faces with candy corn and chocolate chips.
Well, that tradition continues with Kate.
My mom sent Kate and Dylan a little Halloween package in the mail with all the goodies needed to make sugar cookies. So we decided to make a batch to take to Kevin's birthday party.
Kate was very good at cutting out her pumpkins, ghosts and witches.



And voila! Cute-as-a-button cookies. And yummy too!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news...
Dylan is freakin' adorable! And he pretty much crawled at Kevin and Leslie's house. I tried uploading the video but it didn't work. Grrr. Anyway, he's had a VERY big week: two teeth, sitting up all alone like a champ, and now maneuvering all over the floor!
The little guy is six months old tomorrow and I can't wait to take him to the doctor to see how much he's grown. I cannot describe how much I love him!!!
The Dyl ready for action!!

3 comments:

The Grady's said...

So glad we could be there to participate in the big event - thanks for the cookies, Kate! They were delish :)

Babs said...

Hey, we just did the same thing last night. Cole called them "shaped cookies."

Go Dylan!

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

What! You didn't tell me Dylan almost crawled! I need to be apprised of these things since I'm the distant aunt now.
Cute cookies too. I love the Halloween sugar cookies memories.