We're nearing the end of our Christmas festivities. And for the most part it was wonderful! We are so incredibly blessed and know that we owe all our good fortune to the goodness of a loving Heavenly Father.
We celebrated Christmas 2010 differently than we ever have: just our little family. While we missed being around our relatives, it was such a joy just spending the holiday in our home with our children.
Christmas Eve we decided to brave the holiday madness and visit Santa Claus at the mall. I know, we're crazy. But it was quite fun! With the pressure of "shopping" off, we enjoyed meeting Santa. You guys, this is a big deal. Kate has never even entertained the thought of sitting on Santa's lap. But this man was really nice and Kate was brave.
Dylan joined in, and was less than enthused by the whole thing. He's just such a chill baby (usually) so sitting on a bearded man's lap didn't really phase him.
Christmas Eve we decided to brave the holiday madness and visit Santa Claus at the mall. I know, we're crazy. But it was quite fun! With the pressure of "shopping" off, we enjoyed meeting Santa. You guys, this is a big deal. Kate has never even entertained the thought of sitting on Santa's lap. But this man was really nice and Kate was brave.
And that morning we got some great news about our family member who was sick and in the hospital. She was able to go home on Christmas Eve, and we were so thrilled with that turn of events. A Christmas miracle! I'll share more details when I get the green light to do so.
That evening, Mike and I made a delicious Christmas dinner.
The menu:
Honey ham with apricot and brown sugar glaze
Mike's famous cheesy sour cream potatoes
Crisp green peas
Homemade rolls
Homemade hot fudge sundaes for dessert
Then Kate sprinkled reindeer food outside on our patio, so Santa would know where to stop.
It looked so beautiful.
The only problem is I didn't get pictures of the "string" that Santa left for Kate. But trust me, it was there.
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight.
3 comments:
It looks like such a picture perfect little holiday! You tree and your table were both beautiful!
I'm glad you had such a great time!
Merry, merry Christmas guys! We are so glad that you had a great day. The boys loved their gifts...thank you so much for spending an arm and a leg sending them. Love you.
So fun! Yum, send me the recipe for this Christmas Carol Roll. I like the looks of this tradition.
Post a Comment