Monday, January 10, 2011

Pictureless Post

I have a ton of great pictures from our fun week with my parents and siblings.  However, I cannot get them to load!  I hope it's just a Monday morning glitch and not something more annoying.  Because this is annoying enough.  Anyway we had a really great time.  I miss my family already.  They are so good to us.  My mom gave me a sewing machine for Christmas, so we spent some time making matching aprons for Kate and me.  My mom spoiled the grandchildren with tons of new clothes and fun treats.  And they spoiled us with a fridge full of groceries and lots of other stuff. 
We enjoyed a fun Saturday at Shenaniganz (yes spelled with a z... whatever) for bowling, go-cart rides and mechanical bull riding.  Yes, Mike and Kevin took on the bull.  Hilarious!
We spent lots of time chatting and eating good food.
And spending time with our adorable babies; Dylan, Kate and Colin.  We missed having Lydia here with the other cousins!
And yesterday we awoke to a Texas snowstorm!  It was beautiful.  And of course it melted before we got home from church, much to Kate's disappointment.  But as it was still really chilly, we made a fire and ate homemade macaroni and cheese (the ultimate comfort food) in front of the fireplace while playing Old Maid with Kate.  A wonderful Sunday evening, if you ask me.
My poor parents and brother had a devil of a time getting back to Utah because of the storms.  Sorry guys!  
Now it's back to the usual routine... housework, playing, preschool, cooking, laundry, etc.  But I love it.
Happy Monday!

1 comment:

jessi said...

So great that your parents and Bryan came to visit. That is so great that you got a sewing machine! I already have a project that I will send your way. . super easy and super cute! I just FINALLY finished making Chloe's. I can's seem to have more than five minutes before I am interrupted/need to help one of my children lately it seems :) http://nothingfancyschmancy.blogspot.com/2009/11/baby-doll-bassinet-tutorial.html