Friday, February 04, 2011

Snow Day x4

 It's snowing in DFW!!  So beautiful, I tell you.  And for the fourth day in a row... no school.  That means Kate hasn't been at preschool all week.  But she is gleeful and very excited to play with Daddy when he gets home from work.  I, for one, love to enjoy the snow from indoors, especially since we have the little one who only owns one single hooded sweatshirt.  So I'm not about to take him out in this stuff. 
Mike was one of just a couple of people who made it in to work today.  The roads are yuck.  But Mike is a competent Idaho driver, so he was fine.
Here's a shot from our balcony at the pool.  I know that Texas got a lot of snow last year too, so maybe this is more common than I thought.  In any case, I like it.  I am perfectly content staying home for long stretches of time.  I just worry for those out and about.
Happy Friday!  And Happy Superbowl Weekend.  We'll be watching from the comfort of our friends' house, even though the game will be held just a few miles from us.  I have no desire to stand outside Cowboys Stadium... no sirree!
Whatever your plans, stay safe out there.

1 comment:

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

OK, snow is cool and all, but WHEN did Dylan get so grown up??? He looks like such a big boy in that picture! We really need to skype or something sometime. Oh, and we need to come visit... yeah! We are soon!