Whew! We have certainly had our plates full the past few days. I wanted to share a few pictures of some of the fun things we've been doing. On Dylan's birthday, we took Kate to her new school for the Kindergarten Round-up. That's her sitting on the stage in the cafeteria. While the adults got a bunch of paperwork, the kids were whisked away to meet with the teachers and do an art project. Kate seemed so excited. And a little nervous. I cannot believe my little girl is so grown up.
And speaking of grown up... little miss Kate has a loose tooth!!! She went to the dentist today and sure enough! There's a permanent tooth poking up and a loose baby tooth on its way out. She is SO thrilled! As for me, I'm a little sad. I mean, I remember when that baby tooth came in! And it doesn't seem like that long ago. She is growing up so quickly. I love her so much. She's beyond ecstatic to have a big tooth coming in.
***
Then, then! We were swallowed up in preparations for the Young Women fundraiser, which was a spaghetti dinner and live/silent auction. Man, oh man! What a job. My poor children. They ran/crawled wild all day Friday at the church as we set up. I'm so happy to report that it was a smashing success. We raised more than enough $$ for all the girls to attend camp. But it was exhausting. The kids had a ball though, as evidenced by the picture below.
Here are some pictures of Dylan being adorable, as usual. I love that kid! He's still teasing us with just a couple of steps here and there. He's so full of light and joy.
The other week we had a play-date at Marlee's, and Dylan cracked himself up by climbing up and down the slide in her backyard.
The weather 'round these parts has been fabulous. The last two Mondays for FHE we've taken advantage of the fun parks around Arlington. We met up with the Sturgills last Monday for a cookout and a little play time.
Then tonight Mike talked me into playing some tennis with him (we both sucked) while the children explored the toys at a new park.
I fear that scorching temperatures are not too far away, so we're trying to take advantage of outside time while we can.
***
Incidentally today is my parents' 37th wedding anniversary.
Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad! We love you.
***
And three weeks from tomorrow my baby brother will be getting married! Yow-za! We're so excited!!
4 comments:
What! A loose tooth! Kate needs to stop growing! If we can somehow keep her from growing up then perhaps the other children will follow suit :)
I'm glad she's so happy about school starting. It'll be great.
And good job with the fund raiser. My plan was to ask you about that until so many other things got in the way this morning... manic Monday, huh?
We have been enjoying great weather here in Switzerland too. Better than Utah, that is for sure where they are still getting snow! So many signs of Kate growing up. Just a reminder to keep enjoying whatever is left of them being small. That is crazy that she is losing her first tooth and she isn't yet five. Five seems like the magic age to start school - Abram is showing some signs of readiness and going beyond the socialness I provide for him.
Wow, check out Dylan's full set of teeth. Hans is two months younger and only has those two bottom snags still. Hugs from Zurich to Texas!
Oh man Kate can't have a loose tooth she is still suppose to be a little girl, and Dylan he just makes my heart melt. Can't wait to see you all on the 6th of May, yeah!!!!!! Love ya all.
Your family is so adorable. I remember Kate as a little bald baby and now look at her. In Kindergarten. Yikes.
Post a Comment