Yeah, so I'm 35. Yep. 35 years old. Wowza. How does it feel, you ask? So far so good.
My birthday was fabulous, thanks to amazing friends and family. The night before my birthday, I got a text from my friend, Stacie, who said she was sick and could I please bring her some Sprite? I raced over there (not even brushing my hair or anything) to discover my good friends had put together a cozy little surprise party! Tons of delicious food, the craftiest gifts, and wonderful conversation. It was just perfect.
Thank you, ladies. I love you all so much!
~~~
The morning of my birthday I took Kate to our ward playgroup, enjoyed a birthday nap while my awesome mom watched the kids, ran some errands, and got ready for my family party.
Kevin and Leslie had told me they had something up their sleeves for my birthday cake. I had no idea what was in store.
Alas, my family knows me all too well:
Yay for Seinfeld! Leslie put in so many hours on this wonderful cake. There were the coolest little details all over it:
Seinfeld fanatics will appreciate the black and white cookie, the fusilli Jerry, the box of Junior Mints, the George and Susan invitation, the Pez dispenser (Kevin told me they couldn't find a Tweetie Bird one, so Mickey had to do) and all the fabulous quotes.
I especially loved the front under the 35 candles: "Not that there's anything wrong with that."
Amen, Jerry. Amen.
Officially one of my most favorite birthday cakes ever!!!
Oh, and it tasted yummy too. My family celebrated with a delicious cook-out, cake, ice cream and presents. 
Kate was SO excited about her gift to me. She had gone shopping with my mom earlier in the day and picked out some yummy smelling lotion, a few things for the kitchen and a silver heart necklace that she was extremely proud of (pictured below in an extremely unflattering photo). It touched me so much that she had put so much thought into my gift.
I actually don't know how I'm ever going to be able to leave the house wearing any other piece of jewelry again. She keeps asking me if I love that necklace more than any other, and of course I tell yer "yes!" She is such a sweetheart.
I am so grateful for everyone who made my birthday enjoyable.
Just like last year, I sat with my kids that morning, so grateful that I'm able to stay home with them. It's challenging and some days are definitely better than others, but I appreciate this opportunity.
Here's to a fabulous 35th year!
5 comments:
Move over Cake Boss! Seriously Kevin and Leslie know how to put together a fabulously clever cake! I love it! All the details particularly. So fun!
I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday. You deserve it!
Happy Happy Birthday. Cute cake...I love the little noodle guy.
Happy Birthday Karen! And what a cool cake - I love the "Not that there's anything wrong with that!" What great birthday celebrations and so cute about the necklace from Kate.
Happy birthday! I don't even want to think about this year, the year of 35. Yikes. Oh well. What can I do? Hope I feel as well about it as you do.
Happy late birthday. It looks like you were treated ok.
I don't want you to get disheartened, but I believe you're starting your 36th year.
Heck, I guess after 30.....who's counting. JK.:)
Post a Comment