Thursday, October 20, 2011

We're Having a BOY!!!

It's a boy!!!  And we're really excited.  My sonogram on Monday went really well.  Everything looks happy and healthy (whew!)  

I have to admit I was a little surprised when the ultrasound tech said "I see boy parts!"  This whole pregnancy I've kind of felt like it was a girl, not necessarily hoping for a girl, but just that little feeling.  The night before the ultrasound I woke up with my usual 1:30 a.m. insomnia and really had a feeling that it was a girl.  Welp... I was wrong!!!  It is most definitely a boy.  And again, I must say that I'm NOT disappointed at all!  I have loved every minute with Dylan and I am so happy that they'll be just 22 months apart and (hopefully) best buddies.  I was just... surprised. 

We were a little worried how Kate would take the news, as she has said she wants a little sister like a billion times.   But when Mike told her she was having a little brother, she got a huge smile on her face and hugged my stomach and told us she was happy.  Again, whew! :)

I feel like things are moving and changing so quickly.  We're in the process of deciding whether to stay in our current place or look for a house nearby.  That has been an exhausting process.  And we're still praying for the right answer and the best thing for our family.  Plus getting ready for a new baby, church responsibilities, Kate's school responsibilities (say hello to the new room mom for Kate's class!)... it's all just whizzing by.  We are loving this fall time of year, though.  So yay for life and big changes! 

Now if we could just find the perfect little house...

1 comment:

jessi said...

Love to hear! Good luck with house hunting. Happy Fall!