I think it's fitting that I write about Mike's revisited hobby tonight since on this Valentine's Day, he is playing a game. I honestly don't mind-- I'm sick and just not into celebrating tonight. Plus, I love that Mike is doing something he loves. For years while going to school, Mike put his hobbies on the back burner in order to focus on studies and work. So it's great that he's doing this.
Mike joined a basketball league through his work. They're playing Game 3 tonight. The last two games have been... not in their favor. The first game they played a bunch of wannabe NBA players. They lost by just a couple of points (um... 50) but the last game they did better. I took the kids to watch him play last week. It was fun!
The kids' attention span wasn't good; they were bored after about ten minutes. But I think it meant a lot to Mike that we came to support him. Kate enjoyed cheering for "daddy".
Mike and I both decided this is the year for some self-improvement. He's getting a jump start on me, since I'm still carrying this enormous baby and feeling the worst I've ever felt about myself. But I can't wait to catch up after I'm done gestating and birthing our son.
On that note, only one week before this little guy joins our family!
For some reason I'm starting to get really really nervous about everything. I'm kept awake at night thinking of everything that could go wrong. I never did that with the other kids. Well, maybe I did a little. I think I'm more anxious because I'm going to miss Kate and Dylan while I'm in the hospital! It's hard to leave them. We are so grateful for Kevin and Leslie, who are stepping up to take care of them while we're having the baby.
I know they'll be well cared for and loved for the few days we're away. I'm just all kinds of emotional lately. And sick. And in a lot of pain (stupid back labor!)
But ready or not... we're a week out!
As far as names, we've kind of just stopped talking about it. We have a few in mind, but nothing that screams "this is your son's name!"
So hopefully we'll be struck by some inspiration in the next week, or at least after we see this little guy for the first time.
If not, well, Mike has suggested paper/rock/scissors. Gosh, please don't let it come to that!!!
5 comments:
Love the update, Karen. So glad this baby will be here in a week - and then you can have your body back, well, except for the whole breastfeeding period of time. ugg. Excited almost as much as you are to find out what you name baby boy.
I am so excited for you, name it Baby Sharp and then you can call him anything you want at home. Love and miss you all!
I love watching hubbies play basketball! So fun :)
When you see the lil dude, you'll totally know his name!
Love you guys! Everything will go just great. I think paper, rock, scissors would be hilarious. Wish we could be there with you, but know that we are thinking of you.
You guys have been through a lot in the past few months! Glad you can have some fun "normal" time with things like basketball. Good luck with the baby - can't wait to see pictures!
Post a Comment