Monday, April 23, 2012

Celebrating The Dyl

Best buddies Dylan and Hudson
 I want to write about Dylan's birthday before too much time passes!  I can't believe the Dyl is already two and tearing up the town!  He is so much fun, when he's not making me want to pull my hair out.
We had a lovely couple of days celebrating our Dylan boy.  
On the morning of his birthday we had a play date at our house with some of his best friends.  Cupcakes, chicken salad sandwiches and strawberries was Dylan's lunch of choice.
That night we took the children to Chuck E. Cheese.  A little back story about the place: we took Kate there once in Las Vegas when she was about Dylan's age and she HATED it.  She was terrified of Chuck E. and didn't much like the rides or games.  So we thought, whew! We'll never have to go to that stinky place again!  But I'm so glad we gave it another shot.  This particular Chuck E. Cheese was infinitely better than the one in Las Vegas.  Much cleaner, better games, and Mike thinks even the pizza tasted better.  Eh, not so sure about that last one.  But we sure did have a FUN time!!!
Favorite game of the night, for sure!!
Oh, and here's what Blake did the entire time.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Friday night we had the Sturgills over for dinner and cake.  I did my best to create a cute cake for Dylan.  My mom always baked us any kind of cake we wanted for our birthdays.  I may not be very artistic, but I'm determined to carry on that tradition!
 Dylan, with his ever-present "mway" (blanket).  I swear we've created a monster with this thing.  It is definitely his comfort in any situation.
 See?  Here's what happens when we take it away! :)
Dylan got some fun presents this year: some cute clothes, a fire truck, and an old-school metal Tonka truck, that Mike says no boy should be without.
 Danielle and Hudson gave Dylan a ticket for lunch and a morning of playtime, which he redeemed last week.  What a fun gift idea!  He had a blast with his buddy and I totally enjoyed the peace and quiet of a morning with just the Blakester.
 We sang to Dylan (for the second time) and he loved it!  Ahh, how I love this kid.
We love you, Dylan.  Now please be nice to your little brother so your mother doesn't have to lock you in a padded room, mmmkay?  Thankssomuch.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

hooray for dyl and his birthday!! loved celebrating with y'all, we love our dylan boy!!

M. Harrison said...

What a big boy. I love the tongue on the cake! Padded rooms sounds like a great idea too. Love you guys.
Michelle

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

Such a fun birthday! I love the cake too! Great way to carry on the cute birthday cake tradition :)
And I love that birthday gift idea from Danielle. It's such a two-in-one gift. Present for you, present for Dylan. Perfect.