| Here's what happens when you try to get a serious family picture |
Mother's Day this year was just about perfect! I couldn't have asked for better.
We blessed our sweet Blake Michael that morning at church. Mike gave him a beautiful blessing, surrounded by our dear friends and family. Those in the circle included: Mike (obviously), Grandpa David Sharp, Grandpa Lionel Grady, Uncle Kevin Grady, Uncle Derek Larson, cousin Mike Bell, Uncle (Pappy) Jim Bell and friends Mike Sturgill and Keith Bowers.
| Grandpa and Grandma Sharp |
We are SO happy that both sets of wonderful grandparents were here for the special day.
| Grandpa and Grandma Grady |
We hosted a delicious luncheon after church.
I decided that since it was Mother's Day, I got to pick the menu: Raising Cane's chicken and toast, sweet strawberry salad, potato salad, fruit, veggies, chocolate chip cookies, firecracker brownies and Blue Bell ice cream.
| Blake loves his pretty Danielle |
| Lovely Lydia and Aunt Lisa |
We thoroughly enjoyed celebrating not only Blake, but our mothers too.
And Kate... oh that sweet Kate.
I love her so.
She made me a clay jewelry dish at school, and carefully wrapped it up to give to me on Mother's Day.
We ate, talked, ate some more, opened presents (Mike gave me a new camera!! so my pictures won't be fuzzy on the blog anymore) and visited with our family.
We were so happy that Uncle Derek flew in to surprise everyone.
We ended the day content and happy.
I am so so so thankful to be able to call myself a mother. Sure, the days are challenging and I sometimes wistfully look back on how much more relaxing my life was when I had a full-time job, but I would not want it any other way.
Kate, Dylan and Blake have brought me such joy, and continue to do so every single day.
It was so fitting to bless our youngest on Mother's Day, a day celebrating motherhood.
So bring on the poopy diapers, yogurt spills on the carpet, temper tantrums, sleepless nights, PBS cartoons, overflowing toy bins, and sticky faces. I'm ready!
1 comment:
love this, karen! what a sweet, thoughtful post. you're such a great mom! your kids are lucky to have you.
the blessing was incredible, i'm so glad we got to be a part of it! ♥
Post a Comment