Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Field Trip!

 A few weeks ago, Kate's kindergarten class went on a field trip!  This was a big deal, as they got to ride a BUS.  For about two miles, but whatever.  And guess what this genius mom didn't do?  That's right... take a picture of my child on the bus.  Duh.  Well hopefully her teacher will share the wealth, since I saw her taking lovely pictures of all the kids on the bus.
The bus ride was by far and away Kate's favorite part of the day.  But the rest of it was pretty cool too.
As a room mom, I got to tag along.  I took Dylan and Blake with me as well and we all had a blast!
We went to a park in Arlington, went on a walk, had a picnic lunch, played on the playground, then went to Lowes Farm to meet baby animals including rabbits, a pig, a pony, goats, etc.
That stinking blanket in Dylan's mouth.  We've created such a monster with that thing.
For posterity's sake: Top Row (L-R) Hayden, Jazmine, James, Emma?  Mrs. Binford, Ella?, Madisyn, Pablo, Dante.  Bottom Row (L-R) Ethan, Kate, Journie, Averi, Quinn, Kaitlyn, Grayson, Ahdit, Landon, Dustin
 Because I've had a chance to spend time with Kate's class this year, I have really grown to love each of the children in her kindergarten.  They are so sweet and they all get along so well together.
And Mrs. Binford has been such a fabulous teacher!  I credit her for getting my sweet girl to say "y'all" every now and again, and for teaching her with love, care and respect.
I can't believe Kate is experiencing her final few weeks of kindergarten.  This year has gone by really fast, and soon she'll be a big first grader!
Enjoying a hay ride at the farm
 One of the boys in the class, Dustin, who I swear is only like two inches taller than Dylan, took good care of Dyl and played so well with him during the day.  They had such fun on the playground together.
I noticed (with slight alarm) that Kate was surrounded by the boys pretty much the entire day.  Mike is not thrilled with this either. :)
Such a fun day!  I am so glad that I am able to experience these "firsts" with Kate along the way.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

That looked like a lot of fun.

Suzette said...

That is awesome they let you take your younger kids. I've never been able to go because I always had a younger kid and they wouldn't let us take them.And they wont let us ride the bus with the kids. How fun for you. And how cute her favorite thing was to ride the bus. Did you hate the bus as much as me when we had to ride it? As far as Kate with the boys. My boys only played with Girls until about 2nd grade they just always played better with girls. Don't worry about 3rd grade they will think boys have cooties. :). Can't wait to meet your darling kids.

Karen said...

Oh we weren't allowed to ride the bus either. I just drove behind while they rode it. But I was so glad I could take the boys along. They had a wonderful time!

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

Sounds like fun! Kate looks so grown up :)