Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sabotage!

So Mike mentioned the other day how he thought maybe perhaps the blog had taken on a wee bit of a negative tone lately.  "Whatever," I said.  But he may be right.  I admit I've been in a blah place for going on several months now, so it's hard to be all sunshine and rainbows when I'm not feeling it.  

That's not to say that we don't have a zillion trillion things to be happy about.
We totally do!
And it is one of my (many) New Year's goals to stop and smell the roses, as it were, and really appreciate all the wonderful blessings we have.  
Namely these little turkeys:
Also, I really really really want to get my body back.  After being basically pregnant and nursing for the past three years, I've gone and let myself go.
Yesterday at my request, Mike literally shoved my butt out of bed in the morning so I could hop on my poor, neglected elliptical for a few minutes.  That elliptical of mine... it groaned and creaked under my weight.  We're not friends right now.  Not friends at all.
Then last night I met up with Danielle at her new gym where we ran on the treadmill, (and walked some too) and maneuvered ourselves around all those scary pieces of equipment that usually intimidate me at the gym and followed up with bicycle time.
So WHY then, did I eat caramel popcorn for breakfast this morning???  Why?  
Sabotage in the worst way!
It's like I have two people battling it out in my own mind/body.  The person who wants to be a fit, happy mother and wife, and that lazy, slothful person who enjoys nothing except stuffing her pie hole with crap.
Sabotage, I tell ya.

BUT, it's a new day (after throwing out the rest of the caramel popcorn) and I'm determined to make it better!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh Mike. Certainly things are sunshine and rainbows for him, now aren't they? :/ (don't get me started.)

And I was STARVING last night after our big workout so I went home and had some cereal. Ha. Baby steps. Don't sweat the popcorn, lady!!

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

I hear you sister! It's hard to reconcile the two beasts inside of your head.
A word on the "negative" blogging: sometimes I find your complaining to be quite humorous, therefore, I don't see it as entirely negative. Just kind of snarky, which can be funny, so don't lose it entirely please :) But, I agree that sometimes its best to put a positive foot forward, sort of a fake it 'till you make it mentality. Either way, good luck with the exercise routine. I'm cheering you on!

Danielle said...

^^ agreed!