Thursday, August 15, 2013

Back in the Saddle

OH,
Hello there.
It's us, the Sharps.
It's been wayyyyyyyy too long.
This sad little blog has been quiet for far too long.
All summer, in fact.
Although we've taken gazillions of pictures, none have made it on here.
Oopsies.
I'll probably try to update a few things of our busy summer here and there, but I really don't want to spend the next several months playing catch up and missing out on the current.
So.
Here we are.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
School starts in just over a week.  I can't believe what a fun and busy summer we had.  In a nutshell:
We started off in June with a Grady Family Reunion in Broken Bow, Oklahoma.  Such fun boating, horse-back riding, four-wheeling, and staying in the most beautiful cabin.  We loved having the family all together and really enjoyed my parents' extended visit through June.
We signed the kids up for summer activities.  Dylan tried his hand at basketball, and Kate did cheerleading.  Kate loved her experience.  Dylan, not so much.  He struggled being the youngest kid on the team.  I think at age three, he was just too young.  Nevertheless we were at every game for eight long weeks.  I'm quite glad that ended in July.
We celebrated Kate's seventh birthday with Grandma and Grandpa Sharp, Matt, Mia and Sarah.  Stockyards, movie, dinner, presents, swimming and lots of fun cousin time.
We signed Kate up for Art Camp at the end of July.  She has her father's and grandfather's talent in that area.  She enjoyed making new friends and exploring her creative side.
We have spent a lot of time just hanging around the house, exploring new parks, swimming, playing with friends, and trying not to drive each other bonkers.
Mike played in a softball league so we spent a few sweltering nights cheering him on.  It's a hobby he really loves and we're excited he's playing again in the fall so we can watch him do his thing.
As for me, I've been doing Weight Watchers and running and chasing after the children and becoming more
frazzled by the day. :)  These kids are my greatest blessing and by far biggest challenge.  But even on the toughest days I try to remember how badly I wanted to be a stay-at-home-mom and how truly blessed I am.

With Kate starting school a week from Monday, and Dylan going into preschool a couple of days a week, I hope to have a little more time to devote to keeping our family updated on this blog.  It's the dawning of a new era. ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

Lisa said...

So glad to see some pictures and know that you guys are alive. Ha, ha. Love ya!

Danielle said...

the blog is back to life! hooray!