Once upon a time, 30 years ago to be exact, I was living in Knoxville, Tennessee with the fam.
And in the fall of 1983, I set off for the second grade, at Pond Gap Elementary.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Flash forward 30 years, and this is Miss Kate Marie Sharp.
Such a beauty, our Kate. And a smart girl, with the most tender heart.
We love her so much.
Dylan was especially sad to see her go this morning. When we came home, he crawled into her bed, and said "I'm going to miss Kate." Awwww. Me too, Dyl. Me too.
We are excited for a brand new year!
So, I may have cried a little. Or a lot.
Hey, it never gets any easier to do this goodbye thing. But I wouldn't want it any other way. She needs to go out and have adventures and learn things and we'll be there to encourage her and cheer her on.
I want to quote my friend Kelli Kershaw Carter, who wrote this on her Facebook recently:
"Go my
little ones, go off into the world and make friends, learn lessons, and
be better for it. When you get home, I will hug and kiss you and be
the mom you deserve."
Here's to a fabulous 2013-14 school year!!!


7 comments:
look how adorable you were!! that dimple! aaaghhh!
good luck today miss kate!
Somehow I remember you looking like that. :). Cute little Karen. Daring little Kate. It is hard to say goodbye. Wait until they all go and the house is quite. I like it for a moment then I get lonely and want them back home. Kelli is wise and I couldn't of said it better myself. Life lessons learned for sure. And lots of hugs and kisses when they get home.
Where do the years ago? The pics of you seem like only yesterday. We hope Kate has a wonderful year!
You looked fabulous even in 3rd grade! That's kind of unfair ;). heh. I love that quote....especially that last line...when you get home I'll be the mom you deserve. That's a great thing to work towards!
Karen...so precious! Both of you.
Cute on both accounts! We are hoping for a good year too. Love you guys. Michelle
You are both beautiful twins! You have much to be proud of.
Post a Comment