Well crap. It seems my blogging resolution is only kind of coming to fruition. Once a month is better than nothin', am I right? So anyway. It seems I only blog when someone around here has a birthday, so here's our latest birthday guy:
MIKE!
Mike celebrated the big 35 yesterday. I've decided birthdays on weekdays/work days are for the birds. It was difficult to get any celebrating in, what with boring daily responsibilities and all. But we tried to make our main man feel special on his birthday.
We woke him up with presents and breakfast in bed. We gave him some of the original Bond movies, some clothes, and some homemade gifts (more bracelets courtesy of Miss Kate). Mike thoughtfully bought himself a gift: some thingy to make electrical circuits. He's really excited about it.
After work and school, we had to rush off to Mike's softball game. He's playing on a community-league team with a bunch of guys from our ward and he loves it (didn't love it so much last night though; he says his old age was tampering with his mad-skillz).
Anyway, afterward we had cake and ice cream and called it a day.
Tonight the birthday celebration continues with a movie date for just me and Mike. Even though he's making me see some guy flick, I'm looking forward to it!
~~~~~~~
Next up in the birthday rotation: our little lady! She's due to be born on April 8th, followed by Dylan's birthday on April 12th. So at least we know I'll blog about birthdays, if nothing else.
Keep the cakes comin'!
2 comments:
Looks like Mike had a good day! If he is old (i am beyond hope). love and miss you all.
Happy Happy Birthday Mike. Love you!
Yummy looking cake...the Reeses cups are right up my alley. Love, Michelle
Post a Comment