Monday, November 20, 2006

Why is it...?

That you always want what you can't have? The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence? I can't just enjoy myself where I am? These are the cliche questions that are running through my head today. In the words of "Office Space", I think I'm having a case of the "Mondays" or else I'm just really sick of working after only 3 weeks. I wish so badly that I could be a stay-at-home mom. That's so weird for me, because my entire life I wanted to be a high-powered career woman. Now, blah. Who needs it? :) In my perfect little world, I'd be CEO of my household, with Kate and Kramer as my co-workers. Mike could serve as CFO, bringing in the $$. (haha) It's really important to like what you do. And right now... I don't. I think I'm just sad coming off the weekend, and wishing I could be with Kate more. But then again, sometimes we just have to buckle down and do things we may not want to do, so we can do what we want to do later on. That's where I'm at right now. I'm working to put my sweet husband through school. And I don't begrudge him an education. In fact, I WANT him to succeed and get his degree. I love him so much and want him to be happy in his career as well. So, that is my job right now-- to get him through school so he can eventually work in his dream career and I can have mine, which as it turns out, is NOT power-lunches and business meetings. But rather, a grilled cheese sandwich at the kitchen table with Kate in her swing nearby, with Kramer begging for sandwich crust, and a trip to the park in the afternoon. How weird. My priorities have completely changed. Wow-- I feel better having just written that down. Thanks! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are awesome, Karen. Yes it is strange to realize you'd rather wipe dirty bottoms than bring home big bucks. I've been struggling with it a little lately . . . knowing I could be out there making moolah . . . but it's just not worth it to me . . . That being said, hang in there and do what you gotta do!