Monday, November 20, 2006

Woo-Hoo! Thanksgiving!!!

Mike and I are thrilled to be hosting our own Thanksgiving for the very first time! we're so excited to have his parents, brother, aunt and grandpa down from Idaho for the occasion. WE worked hard to get our dining room painted, wood floor laid, crown moulding up, furniture delivered, etc. in time for the big day. We are thrilled for the opportunity to use our china, which has been sitting in a box for 4 years. We're so looking forward to having a yummy dinner! Hopefully I won't burn the yams or forget to unthaw the turkey. I have heard enough Thanksgiving horror stories to last a lifetime, including one in my very own family-- where my Dad accidentally knocked the pie into the pan of gravy just before the meal. I'm sure things will be just fine. I'm actually really excited. I'm looking forward to spreading my newly discovered culinary wings. Thanks to Rachael Ray, Sandra Lee, and other chefs on the Food Network for turning me into a new little cook! I'm slowly learning to really enjoy it! I guess it's never too late!

1 comment:

BKFW said...

How was your first big Turkey day??? I am sure it was wonderful!!! Atle says hello!!
Love you - give Kate a BIG kiss from me!