Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas Thoughts

I'm SO excited for Christmas this year! Having a baby in our lives this year just makes things much more fun. Granted, Kate is going to have NO clue that it's a special day, nor is she going to care about all the gifts we've bought for her. But for me, having Kate around has reminded me just how unbelievably blessed we are. I think about family and friends and good people in our lives, and I am so grateful. I have a picture on my desk of Kate just smiling up a storm, and it melts my heart every time I look at it. I believe that's how our Heavenly Father feels about us. And he wants us to celebrate the birth of our Savior with that same happiness in our hearts. I look at how sweet and innocent Kate is, and think about the baby Jesus when he was born, a sweet little baby. I love our ceramic Nativity set that Aunt Lisa made for us. My favorite piece is the baby Jesus in the manger. What an amazing gift the Lord gave us. We need to receive that gift into our lives and in turn, pass along that joy to others.

I'm also excited for Christmas because we are spending it with my side of the family for the first time in 2 years. And the WHOLE gang will be there! Kevin and Leslie will be here from Virginia, Lisa and Derek from St. George, us of course, and Brian, who will probably be on his mission next year so it's our last Christmas all together for a while. We have lots of big plans--- and a lot of plans to stay in our pajamas and watch movies. We're going to get family pictures taken, go skiing, play with Kate a lot, play games, eat lots and lots of yummy food, watch old family slides, and just relax together. I can't wait! I intend to spread my newfound culinary wings a bit more and help with the Christmas Eve dinner. I think that's been my biggest transformation this year (with the exception of becoming a mother--duh!). I love cooking lately! Such a weird thing for me to say, since usually I'm the one urging Mike to just toss a few corn-dogs and fries into the oven. I'm really trying to be a better domestic goddess. But I still draw the line at cleaning toilets, etc. That's why #1 on my Christmas wish list is a housekeeper!!! Yeah, I'll keep dreaming.

No comments: