Thursday, December 07, 2006

Happy Girl~ As Long as DAD is Around!

I think I already posted this picture, but I just LOVE this cute little face, I couldn't resist.
Actually, Kate doesn't seem to like me very much latetly. I picked her up from preschool the other day and she barely looked at me. I took her home, fed her, and the whole time she just seemed indifferent. But then... Mike strolled through the door. Instantly Kate's face lit up and he swept her up into a hug and she giggled and cooed and acted so happy. Then Mike gave her back to me so he could take his coat off, and she returned to her glum face. What did I do??? I'm sure all children go through a time where they prefer one parent to the other, but it hurts! She was kind of the same yesterday when I dropped her off at preschool. It tears my heart out to leave here there, even though I'm SURE she's enjoying herself. In fact, today when I dropped her off, she was FLIRTING with a little boy in her class. Flashing that toothless grin, batting her big blue eyes, drooling all over the rattle he was playing with. Ahh, that's my girl!

No comments: