Friday, June 15, 2007

Birthday Thoughts and Kate Pics

So, I'm turning 31 tomorrow. Hmmm. 31. So strange that I'm "in my 30's" now! I'm kind of bummed about being "in my 30's". I don't really know why. But after I stop feeling sorry that I'm not still in my young 20's, I realize that I'm exactly where I would want to be at 31. I have a wonderful husband, a beautiful daughter, a great job, a house, etc. So why do we dread getting older? I'm not sure. Because I do. But it's like that song from Fleetwood Mac, Landslide... "Time makes you bolder, Children get older, I'm getting older too." It's just a fact of life. And I need to stop dreading getting older, and embrace my life experiences.
In the meantime, I'm posting pictures of the best gift I've ever received in my life: my gorgeous, amazingly brilliant, sweetheart daughter, Kate.
These two beautiful dresses came from Guatemala. Grandma Grady picked them up during a recent trip there. Aren't they precious?
Here's a late Easter pic. Kate got a bunch of cute Easter books, outfits, a stuffed bunny, a pretty new dress, and her first PEZ dispenser! :)
Check out this "innocent" face-- Kate's wearing a cute t-shirt given to her by Aunt Lisa and Uncle Derek Larson!
All ready for church!

4 comments:

BKFW said...

Aww, your post just brought tears to my eyes! How wonderful you get to celebrate a new age with your beautiful daughter .. who loves her stylin' Guatemalan dresses!

I hope to have personally accomplished all you have by the time I turn 31!

Lindsey said...

PEZ dispensers! Wow! I remember someone back at the Zeta house who collected those!

And your 30's are going to be great! Mine have been great and remember it's just a number!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

jessi said...

I think you are right about embracing your life experiences. We should celebrate our lives! I didn't realize your b-day was just the day after Jacob's. Wow, Kate has gotten a lot of those teeth. Abram is still rather toothless (two on bottom and one side-top tooth).

BKFW said...

Okay, I've been patient. Now, I am demanding new photos of your Bday weekend to be posted!

Bridget wants a new post! :)