Monday, October 15, 2007

She's a "Girly-Girl!"

I have nothing against tomboys. In fact, I admire girls who play sports in high school, etc. I'm just saying I'm not usually classified as one. And even though I will love Kate no matter who she is or what she's into, I've noticed that she really only wants to play with soccer balls, electronic gadgets, and cars. I've been secretly hoping that she'd become interested in dolls and other "girl" things, so I can have something in common with her. So imagine my heart-swelling pride when the following happened over the weekend:

I was cleaning out my closet, throwing old clothes away, etc. Kate was toddling around, playing with this and that. I looked up to see her with one of my old purses. She hoisted the thing up on her shoulder, beamed at me, and sang, "bye-bye!" Just like I do when we leave for work in the morning! Aha! My gal loves purses!!! She toted that purse around all afternoon, saying "bye-bye" over and over. THEN, in another closet-cleaning frenzy, I took all of Kate's shoes out of her closet to organize them. She took about three pairs of shoes behind her chair, and sat down and contentedly tried them on for about half an hour! Yippee! She's a girly-girl after all! Shoes, purses, Oh! And she was playing around with my makeup brush and bronzer the other day. As long as she appreciates the thrill of slipping on a brand new pair of shoes, or accessorizing with a gleaming new purse, she can play all the soccer she wants! :)

**Please don't send me hate mail for this entry. I reiterate what I said at the beginning-- Kate can be whoever she wants! I will adore her no matter what!!!**

5 comments:

Taralee said...

Oh yes, I remember the day in nursery when Brinley was quite young and she hoisted a purse on her shoulder and said, "see ya, I'm going shopping at Old Naby (Navy)". After church the leaders all asked if I spend a lot of time at Old Navy (and I really don't... that's the funny part) haha!! I'm glad she's all girly. It's a blast!!!

jessi said...

i love how abram and kate are starting to get the whole "pretend/imagination" thing!

Julie T. said...

I found your blog somehow? You know how everyone is connected on these things! We love Kate- she is so cute! Since she is a girly-girl too, she can come down the street and play Princess dress up with Riley anytime!

Lindsey said...

Gosh, why do you hate tomboys? (tee hee...jk)

I would love to see Kate play with all that girly stuff...all I see all day/every day is Deacon hitting things with anything that resembles a baseball bat!

The Hulls said...

Karen,
I loved this post! I'm not a girly girl, or so I like to think, but I can't wait to buy the baby dolls and such for Cheyenne. Kate made an adorable Chimpette too!