Well, I am finishing up week one at my new job. For the most part, I think it's going to be great! I am really liking my new boss, which is always important. And I've been really busy each day. That's also important. It keeps me from twiddling my thumbs and wishing I was at home! Don't get me wrong-- I still wish I was at home! Every morning I have to talk myself into getting in the car, driving Kate to the preschool, and going to work. But once I'm here, it's okay! I'm going to really have to spread my wings and do new things in this job, things I've never done before. I'm going to have to learn more about website development, brochures, etc. Very different stuff than I went to school for and different than I imagined my career going. But it's good. These skills will make me more "rounded" so maybe I could do things from home someday.
So, while I'm learning the ropes at my new job, I know Kate is having a ball at her preschool. She gives her teacher, Ms. Erin, a huge hug every morning, and she talks non-stop about her friends, "Parker" and "Zoe" at school. It's so cute! She's learning so much and is really blossoming! She's talking like crazy. She knows exactly what she wants, when she wants it! We're really having to crack down on what she's allowed to eat and when. If it were up to her, she'd eat Apple Jacks for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with snacks of Apple Jacks in between!!! It's so frustrating to make a nice dinner only for her to THROW IT ON THE GROUND or feed the entire thing to Kramer! She's done that on several occasions. But we're trying to be strong and not give in to her whims. All in all, she's such a sweetie, and we just adore the crap out of her!!! :)
Mike started school this week, too! It's great having him back on campus. I love driving to work with him and Kate on Mondays and Wednesdays and knowing that we're all here together. He's working so hard to get his degree, while still working to provide for our family. He's such an amazing hubby and daddy to Kate. We really are blessed. I have to remind myself about that a lot when I'm wallowing in my self-pity about not getting to stay home. It will happen eventually. And for now, this is a good situation for us.
HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!
4 comments:
I am happy to hear that your new job is going well! It will be so much fun to be in YW with you and be able to hear all about cute Kate! We also have the same eating issues with Riley-- what is a mom to do??
It's great to hear about your new job. Change can be very challenging, but worth it in the end. Keep up the positive attitude with working to get through this time in your family's life. You will look back and be glad you did it like you have. It is so great that Kate gets such great socialization with other children every single day. Some children aren't use to it and struggle and it shows. Kate is now 18 months old - and Abram too! Wow!
Congrats on your new job, Karen! I hope you enjoy it!
I understand about toddlers throwing nice meals on the floor...Deacon takes the food and puts in under his high chair cushion and makes it look like he ate it all until we clean the high chair and find the whole meal under the cushion. Nice.
Karen, you are so cute! What is your new job? Congrats! My sister's kids were in preschool while she is working and they are brilliant. It sounds like Kate is right there too! Isn't it crazy how quickly time flies? Each learning stage is so much fun. I'm right with you on frustration of throwing food or eating food around the house and leaving it in random places....
Post a Comment